I chose to work in health care because I wanted to help people.
Here is my story:
I started my career as a nurse-midwife. I found my passion teaching people how to take care of themselves. Today, I am a health writer, nurse-midwife, mom, an exercise nut, and most importantly, still figuring it all out.
My Clinical Credentials Include:
- A master’s of Science in Maternal and Child Health from T.H. Chan Harvard School of Public Health
- A Nursing Degree and Certificate in Nurse-Midwifery from Yale University School of Nursing and Boston University School of Public Health
- More than a decade of clinical experience working in birth centers, reproductive health clinics, hospitals, and private OB/GYN practices.
Then midwifery led me to a new adventure in health writing.
Once in practice, I found I never had the time to do the teaching I loved. My happy place has always been empowering women through health education. So I put my public health training to work and started writing and designing health education resources. Now, I am also a healthpreneur like yourself. Life never goes as planned, but sometimes we are happy for those surprise detours or U-turns.
And then there was that move to Barcelona, Spain.
Living abroad in Spain for two years challenged me to discover a new professional adventure when I could not work clinically as a nurse-midwife. The experience of being a patient in a foreign country showed me that many health and wellness providers need help communicating better with their clients and their patients.
I am different from other health writers because:
- I know what questions patients want answered. I have experience writing and designing patient-education resources. Certified in plain language, I prioritize health literacy. I give your clients the right answers, written in a way they understand. This will grow your clients’ trust and loyalty to your business.
- I have a proven successful record of writing SEO-focused blogs and patient newsletters for international companies and multilingual medical practices.
There is a better way to tell the story of health and wellness.
I have always loved putting words to work as a tool for wellness. My writing toolbox includes published peer-reviewed scientific journal articles, grant applications, policy briefs, newsletters and blogs for both the public and private sector.
You want the benefit of working with a health writer who has taken care of patients and who can understand the science behind health and wellness. Using content strategically to attract new clients does not have to mean losing your ability to help people. Nor does it have to cost a fortune or take away what little free time you have outside of running your business. Hiring me for your writing and health communication needs will bring better health to your business and to your clients.